Welcome

This is my way of keeping you all up to date with everything that is new at Urban Piercings, as well as my own thoughts on everything to do with body piercing. Hopefully it'll make for a good read, so bear with me ok?!
Please FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! The more the merrier!

2 Mar 2009

Of body piercing and artistic endeavours

Body piercing is all about lines and forms. Every piercing has an ideal place that is in sympathy with its surroundings, even simple cartilage piercings have a right and a wrong place. Which brings me to one of my favorite subjects; lines, symmetry and geometry. Call me fussy but I like nothing more than marking a piercing just so, taking into account every line and shape that is already there, working with, not against the body and individuality of my customer.
And then, i suppose, not so much 'doing a piercing' as insinuating the jewellery . . . just . . . there. . .
To watch me scrutinizing your body part, chewing my lip and muttering incoherently may seem a little disturbing. But don't worry, I'm probably too absorbed to care.
So are body piercers always to be just needle pushers? Receptionists at tattoo studios and second rate subsidiaries? (The amount of times I've heard; "So do you do tattoos too then?") Is there a place for the piercer that takes their time, thinks about what they do and can be proud of their work?
I think so, and the shift of awareness I have noticed in my customers over the last couple of years, says that you do to.
So yes, yes there is.

1 comment:

Bobbin said...

I completely agree. To have an artist actually care about placement, and perfect jewellery, rather than just sticking a needle and a bar through a hole is awesome.

I for one am glad that you take you time, and do what is best of the body, and I'm sure others are too!