Welcome

This is my way of keeping you all up to date with everything that is new at Urban Piercings, as well as my own thoughts on everything to do with body piercing. Hopefully it'll make for a good read, so bear with me ok?!
Please FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! The more the merrier!

23 Mar 2009

Of the great p.t.f.e / surface bar debate

Like women's rights, environmental issues, communism, border controls and what the actual point to 'Lost' is; the surface bar / p.t.f.e war will likely rage on, and on, and on, and on. I won't add my voice to the throng, but I will put forward a few questions:
Can users of either method claim 100% success rate?
Aren't both methods heavily dependent on the piercee taking very, very good care of the piercing?

So with these asked, I'll just put it out there:
Are unprofessional piercers using either method really good ambassadors, can it be fair to use the individual as examples of the whole?
People are different, can a 'one method fits all' solution be expected to work?
Isn't the procedure and placement just as important as the jewellery used?

Maybe one day I'll discuss what I consider to be good procedure, though as I use p.t.f.e it is very likely I'll be considered completely unqualified, and dismissed out of hand. At the risk of breaking my own ethos of keeping my entries short, succinct and to the point, I'll leave the battle field with this parting shot:



Yup, they are all p.t.f.e. I won't pillage other peoples photos for pictures of healed surface bar piercings, but will be happy to put them up if anyone sends them in!

No comments: