Welcome

This is my way of keeping you all up to date with everything that is new at Urban Piercings, as well as my own thoughts on everything to do with body piercing. Hopefully it'll make for a good read, so bear with me ok?!
Please FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! The more the merrier!

16 Feb 2009

Of the holistic approach to body piercings

I know, the word holistic conjures images of summer solstice, organic foods and bad hair. But let's look at the meaning of the word:
ho·lis·tic: Emphasising the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts.
Reminiscent of the old belief in the humours of the body, the principle is sound. If one thing is out of balance with the whole, the whole will suffer.
So what has this got to do with body piercing and why am I boring you with it?
Wound your body by piercing it, then agitate that wound repeatedly by keeping it open with jewellery. Given that, wouldn't you rather have 'the whole' working to heal your piercing? Or have parts dampened with stress, fighting off a cold, or trying to shake the groggy effects of alcohol?
I don't know, makes sense to me . . .

No comments: